The Institute is established with the following objects:
- To become the recognised professional body for the roofing industry by achieving Chartered status.
- To promote and stimulate the improvement of the technical and general knowledge of individuals engaged in the roofing industry.
- To confer a recognised professional status on individuals in the roofing industry.
- To promote relevant training courses, seminars, lectures, work visits, study tours and by such other means as may be approved by the Board of Governors.
- To promote the general interest of those engaged in the Industry and to maintain and extend same for the public advantage.
- To make awards to individuals in the industry in recognition of their achievement in, or contribution to, the advancement of the industry.
- To raise the profile of The Institute of Roofing for the betterment of the industry and its members